Tags

Wendy’s Company has undergone several changes in its name since its founding in the 19th century – Deisel-Wemmer Co. in 1884, Deisel-Wemmer-Gilbert Corporation in 1929, DWG Cigar Corporation in 1946, DWG Corporation in 1966, Triarc Companies, Inc. in 1993, and Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, Inc. in 2008. By 2011, the holding company for Wendy’s, a major global fast-food chain, has changed to its present-day name.

With its headquarters in Dublin, Ohio, Wendy’s Company owns and manages several fast-food joints including Wendy’s International, its principal subsidiary; Pasta Connection with 6 outlets and T.J. Cinnamons with 243 locations; and Arby’s, a roast beef sandwich fast-food chain with a minority stake (18.5%). Wendy’s International, the parent company and franchisor of Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, has undergone several corporate changes itself, such as the purchase by Triarc Inc. in 2008 and the merger that resulted in Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, Inc. The latter represented a change in ownership and leadership for both of the fast-food chains, which was also accompanied by a stock symbol change to WEN.

T.J. Cinnamons, which was founded by Ted and Joyce Rice in 1985, is a cinnamon roll chain with several locations across the United States. In 1996, it was purchased by Arby’s that was, in turn, purchased by Wendy’s in late 2011; the company remained under Wendy’s Company’s ownership.

Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. has over 3,400 restaurants across the United States thus making it the second-largest quick-service sandwich chain in the country; other locations are in Canada, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Turkey. Roark Capital Group owns 81.5% of Arby’s while Wendy’s Company owns the remaining 18.5%. Arby’s menu includes roast beef sandwiches, deli-style sandwiches, and shakes.

With the three major fast-food chains covering a wide range of fast-food products from cinnamon rolls to roast beef sandwiches, hamburgers and fries, and pasta dishes, Wendy’s Company continues to enjoy its leadership position in the restaurant industry.

Advertisements